Totally Stockport – Stockport’s Business Improvement District
What is a Business Improvement District – BID?
In October 2016, businesses in the town centre voted in favour of Stockport town centre’s campaign to be designated a Business Improvement District, popularly referred to as a BID.
Through Stockport’s BID, an additional £400,000 of funds will be generated each year from a business levy. As each BID runs for a minimum period of five years, that’s £2m that will be used to deliver projects to improve the offering in Stockport town centre for everyone – visitors, residents and businesses.
Where is Stockport’s BID area?
What kind of projects will BID deliver?
To deliver the projects we have created Steering Groups, each made up of representatives from businesses within the BID area, who will work together to devise, manage and deliver initiatives and events for the benefit of everyone.
- To work with retailers to create a better shopping experience
- Improve parking
- Improve and make more attractive pedestrian routes that better link the areas of the town
- Find innovative ways to tackle empty properties
- To expand upon current events that link across the town
- To encourage an evening culture and bring the town to life – Alive after 5
We welcome your ideas and input. If you are interested in joining the group, please email Maxine McDermott – Marks & Spencer
- Reduce business costs
- Facilitate small business loan fund
- Work to improve safety to create a more welcoming town
- Work to attract more businesses into the town
- Devise ways to give employees better choice and encourage more use of town centre shops and facilities
- Create a town centre business network
We welcome your ideas and input. If you are interested in joining the group, please email Stuart Broadbelt – McDonalds, Merseyway
- To better define and communicate ‘what is Stockport’
- To develop a trusted brand for Stockport building on Totally Stockport
- Improve and create new Town centre wide events
- To improve the flow of communication
- Better market Stockport as a destination of choice
We welcome your ideas and input. If you are interested in joining the group, please email Paul Taylor – Totally Stockport BID Manager
- Collection of usage of data to
- Set performance indicators so BID outcomes can be measured
- Determine walk-flow of traffic throughout the town centre
- Improve the town centre experience, for everyone
- Introduce Town centre Wi-Fi
We welcome your ideas and input. If you are interested in joining the Digital Stockport group, please email Richard Higginson – Marketing Stockport